Wednesday, May 8, 2013

April Build-a-Flower Challenge with Jules!

Good Afternoon Crafters!

 Today I have a quick and easy scallop layered flower tutorial. Jules with The Wild Orchid Crafts Design Team is having a "Build A Flower" challenge on her blog. The challenge is to do a blog post showing pictures of a flower tutorial. Five to Eight pictures are required. The flowers must be in layers. The deadline is by midnight  May 8th. This is totally not my original idea. I have seen this tutorial many times on youtube. I would like to share how I create this type of flower my way.
Here is my tutorial...
Gather 5 scalloped circles
Punch a hole in the middle with a crop-a-dile
Secure eyelet with crop-a-dile(a brad can be added as well)
Saturate with water or glimmer mist
Scrunch the layers of circle into a ball
Slightly dry flower with heat tool
While the flower is wet, slightly open the layers
Continue drying the flower
Once dry, continue to open layers until desired look

 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy!
 
xoxo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Toneisha!! These are so cute and they look soooo easy to make! Sorry I am responding late, but I wanted to leave a comment and follow your blog!! Thanks so much for playing along!! I have the winner announcement video coming out in a few minutes ok:) Have a great day!! Hugs, Jules :)

    ReplyDelete